Tuesday, May 10, 2011

What wheelchair? Valentine date turned rural

Last night Saturday February 12, 2011

Carrie and I made for the Hiton Garden stay,
I had reservations for a wonderful romantic get away
a special Valentine package with champagne strawberries and chocolate etc.
long story short ~
My 1988 Blue Ford Econoline van Einstein broke down just outside of the hotel
I couldn't even get all the way out of the van! The
platform stuck between the van and the east lane of Pennsylvania Street
between Ohio and Market Street
cars zooming by
no options- little hope -what could we do?  - 911? National Guard? superman? who can you call?
Ghost busters? No, I dare say NO
we did manage to get the lift back up
and the doors secured with me inside
had to call and cancel the reservations 50 feet from the entrance !
No penalty thank GOD after I explained my
position to the manager, Megan,lol
She said they could bring us out some water if we wanted
and Carrie could come in and use the bathroom and get warm if need be..
I called a flat bed tow truck from home,
Carrie and I were transported on the flat bed sitting in Einstein
all the way back home.
Dad charged the battery enough so I could use the lift
and get out- we didn't quite freeze completely
we did manage to salvage some of the evening -

 Carrie went and got us some food from Culvers
and we camped out in my room, much like we always do during these months of the year
got to relate to each other and watch some TV.

NOTE: Funniest thing of the evening
while riding in Einstein on the tow truck Carrie and I saw some tea party protesters
and she wanted to give them the finger,
I laughed till I cried LOL
I said Imagine how you'd feel if your concern was so off base as to encourage
people riding in a broken down 21 year old handicap van that was being hauled on a flatbed
truck from the Charlottesville junk yard so enraged and disgusted at your cause
to be prompted to gesture so, as they were rolling by in style HA!
You had to be there I guess...
Still, we continue with our mingling as if there is little choice
who else could do it I ask ya? Fate Destiny  Karma Whatever~
it takes a lot of attitude, humor, and love!
Alix
God Bless the people of Charlottesville junk yard Steve and Cooter Payne be thy name * 

No comments:

Post a Comment