Sunday, May 22, 2011

Thank You Washington Irving *

Much like the fabled sleeper,
I too succumbed to the sweet
slumber during the latest installment
of Disney's Pirate movies. It's become a tradition
that Carrie and I take Jared and Andrew to see them.
We love Johnny, Geoffry, and Penelope,
and were thrilled to be able to catch another movie with our two sons.

Now I don't know if it's my age, or the fact that
I didn't get much sleep the night before,
or if by ability to suspend disbelief has simply diminished
so completely that... guess it doesn't matter really.

Being brought back to wakefulness by having your
girlfriend poke you in the ribs while saying
"Wake up Rip Van Winkle! you were snoring"
was far more entertaining that viewing the latest adventures of
Cap'n Jack Sparrow - and I dare say far more Pirate of me in a way anyway
So May Ye be Warned  All of Ye

No comments:

Post a Comment